Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do you feel about lemons?

I'm not that much of a sweet tooth. I've always liked things that were slightly more sour but I can't say I'm really into lemons as a casual everyday snack.



Apparently my 14 year old self was really into lemons. Or pretended to be for the purpose of this poem. I wrote it when I was in the eight grade and it was for a big poetry project. This was called a "Concrete Poem" which I assume was a poem that was supposed to be represented in a concrete visual manner. See?




Now I wish I could make fun of my 14 year old self and mock how terrible this poem is but I actually think it's pretty awesome! The rhythm works, the words are catchy, it rhymes and is kind of hilarious. Also note how we did things before the widespread use of computer graphics. A title in highlighter on a not-completely-erased rulered line and a lemon drawn BY HAND. Honestly I have very limited artistic talent so I have no idea why it looks somewhat good.


In case you can't see that properly here's the poem:


Lemons are a yellow fruit that taste very sour.
When offered one, most people cower.
I don't know why people can't deal with the acidity
I can eat one with perfect tranquility.
A lemon is small but bigger than a lime,
In my opinion they are pretty fine.


Not bad if I do say so myself  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha Laura! It is awesome :) "I can eat one with perfect tranquility" Post mooooooore :)

    ReplyDelete