Monday, April 2, 2012

Delusions of Grandeur

I was never a sickly child. The worst thing I remember having was bronchitis and even that was never that bad. Recently, mid-twenties, I’m totally riddled with illness. But weird stuff. Not your typical stuff. So I thought at least. It is funny how people don’t talk about things until someone is affected by it. Once you break the ice about your embarrassing stories, illnesses, problems, everyone else has one to share. It’s nice and also annoying. I have yet to experience anything worse than the complete and utter depression of being so totally knocked out that I, now, 9 months later have yet to continue my life as usual. Sickness and unemployment are so bone-numbingly depressing it is difficult not to express your frustration in some way. I choose to write about them. I know what you’re thinking…First world problems and other people have it so much worse. And you’re right, people do have it so much worse than I do but I don’t think it makes my experiences any less relevant. All of our experiences, no matter how petty or seemingly silly in the grand scheme of things, matter. In the next few days/weeks I'll be posting some of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment