Thursday, November 25, 2010

Limericks?!

LIMERICKS!!


Limericks are pretty cool. Mostly they're funny poems that are known for having dirty connotations. Not mine though. Mine are pure as the driven snow!


They're about dancing fruits and aliens!


Before we begin who remembers WordArt that you could use in Word Perfect or maybe the Microsoft Word of yore? Anyways most of my titles were WordArt and it makes me laugh because I remember thinking that WordArt was like THE BEST when I first discovered it. I'm pretty sure it still exists but does anybody use it? I really hope I haven't put my foot in my mouth and it's actually super widely used and I've just insulted half the world.






Disclaimer: I just re-installed Photoshop so you all may be privy to some pretty terrible Photoshop-ed pictures. Right now I just got the wonderful idea of trying something out after reading one of the limericks I wrote called "The Yellow Banana"


Check it out:


The Yellow Banana

There once was a yellow banana
Who sang at the Copa cabana
He met a green mango
Who taught him to tango
And they won a trip to Havana


All I can think about right now is to try and find a way to Photoshop bananas and mangoes dancing at a tango club or in Havana or just dancing...yes...


I wasn't kidding when I said it would be bad :)


Tony the Banana and Lola the Mango dancing in Havana




I also can't help but think that this is shamelessly ripped off from one pretty famous Barry Manilow song. Mango might as well be called Lola and the banana, Tony and, at the Copa, They fell in love.




In addition to the banana and mango there was an Alien from Mars.


Oooh ooh! Picture this! Alien happily jumping around in space and then suddenly getting his hair singed. Aw silly alien. I guess it'd have to be like a comic strip. I guess the limerick itself does kind of plays out like a comic strip actually.


The Alien

There once was an alien from Mars
Who tried to jump over the stars
But once he got there
The stars burned his hair
And he ended up drinking in bars


1 comment:

  1. Hi laura, I'm reading your poems instead of studying, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete